FAQ ACNE RX:
Less redness, blemishes and discomfort may occur as soon as a week, and most clients see significant improvement around 6 weeks with consistent home care.
Acne typically takes 3-6 months to form and will generally take 3-6 months to clear. Clients on our plant-based products may take slightly longer to clear.
Every 2 weeks until you are clear, (average 2-3 months) then monthly as your skin responds.
Your homecare plan is strengthened at every visit. This is critical: as your skin adapts to the products, we set you up with stronger products until the acne is fully under control.
Once you are fully clear, we maintain that level of strength for about 6 months, then slowly reduce the strength and frequency until we hit the sweet spot where your skin stabilizes and the acne is well under control.
The vast majority of clients clear their skin in 3 months with twice a month treatment (six visits!). We STRONGLY recommend you maintain your results with regular monthly treatments, along with continued home care.
Clients who have been clear for years still use their products and come in every 2-4 months for a little refresh.
We can’t cure acne, but we can show you how to control it.
YES. This is non-negotiable as you will not get the desired results without them.
We are serious about getting you clear! Using other products often delays or destroys progress.
Besides, if the other products worked so well, you wouldn’t still have acne.
Yes, if it’s not comedogenic. You may be pink to red after an acne treatment, lasting up to a few hours. Please plan social engagements accordingly.
During your initial Acne Rx consult:
- we will take a close look at your skin, current home care and lifestyle choices that may be helping or hindering your results.
- You will learn about the real causes of acne, and how to stop them from controlling your skin
- We patch test your skin for sensitivity, take lots of notes, then write out your personalized plan for achieving clear skin.
- Based on your progress, your home care routine is strengthened every 2 weeks until you are clear.
At the core of every acne treatment you will experience most of these classic elements:
- In-depth analysis of the current state of your skin
- Thorough cleansing
- Gentle exfoliation
- Extractions as necessary
- Breakout prevention
- Sun protection
Depending on your unique acne needs and goals, we may incorporate the following treatments into your bespoke program:
- Exfoliating enzymes
- Gentle, no downtime peels
- Hi frequency, LED light or oxygen therapy
- Rezenerate nano treatments to address scars and discoloration
- Additional treatments as needed
We ask that you wait 6 months after finishing a course of Accutane to start this program.
Absolutely. Deeper skin tones may just need to go a little bit slower to avoid irritation that can lead to hyperpigmentation (dark spots). Keeping the skin hydrated is essential.
Yes. Our youngest clients start around 9 years old and our eldest clients are in their 60s. Acne doesn’t discriminate, and neither do we.
A little discomfort is common, but it’s certainly not painful. If you are extremely sensitive, let us know so we can adjust for your comfort level. If our 9 year old clients can handle it, I'm sure you will be fine 🙂
Licensed estheticians with specialized acne training perform your treatments. We have over 45 years of combined experience working with skin, and we have specialized for the last 10 years in treating acne. We are not a medical practice.
Personalized – every skin is different; some people are super sensitive, some have bumps but no redness, some have breakouts just on their forehead, some have already used drugs like Accutane. Each requires a different approach, so every client gets a different home care plan. There is no one-size-fits-all here. When you have questions, you can actually get an answer.
Professionals - As a client at Viriditas you have access to a team of highly trained, licensed professional estheticians with over 45 years combined experience.
Time – We are not a medical practice, so you aren’t limited to 15 minute quickie visits. After your Acne Consult, follow up appointments are 50 minutes. That’s a lot of time to answer your burning questions about getting clear, acne free skin.
Wholistic - Your skin is given the attention it needs, and you learn how your diet, stress, sleep, health, home care, supplements and even your environment can have a huge impact on clearing. It’s not just about the products or prescriptions you use. Like detectives, we can help determine what is contributing to your acne, so you can enjoy clear, acne free skin!
Proven - We are very proud to report a 97% clearance and control rate when clients follow the program. Hundreds of 5 star reviews from happy clients is proof.
This AcneRX Extract treatment is designed to hasten the clearing process and does not include massage. The focus is on getting you clear as fast as possible so the majority of time is spent on extraction and disinfection. Other acne treatments may include LED light (for disinfection, dark spots, scarring), a calming mask, microcurrent or even Jet Plasma depending on your skin needs.
A full set of homecare typically runs $130-$150. Cleansers and toners ($28-$35) last 6-12 weeks, actives ($11-$45) may last 4-8 weeks depending on frequency of usage. Our botanical-based products start around $50 for cleansers which lasts 3-6 months, and $80 for moisturizers that can last 3-4 months.
FAQ TRUE BEAUTY:
You skin will look and feel:
- More refined
You also get:
- A personalized home care routine, that is adjusted as your skin improves and as the seasons change.
- Access to a team of skincare professionals that keep you up to date on the latest advancements in non-invasive skin care.
- A program that works around YOUR schedule: the skills of the entire team are at your service; you aren’t locked in to just one service provider.
- Outstanding, results oriented facial treatments.
- The time to relax while your skin is receiving the latest, safest non-surgical options in professional skin care.
- Peace of mind knowing that all you need to do is use the products and come in for treatments, and your skin will look fabulous.
No more perusing skincare catalogs or being attacked by salespeople at the beauty counter who don’t know the difference between dry skin and dehydrated skin.
No more being sold products that don’t work pushed by someone who only wants their commission. We don’t work on commission: not for product, and not for services. Recommendations are made based on what your skin actually needs.
At Viriditas the focus is on improving overall function of the skin, including maintaining the barrier, preventing moisture loss and protecting the integrity of collagen and elastin.
You deserve great skin, and Viriditas can help you get it!
Your tailored treatment includes:
- an analysis of your current skin condition and home care
- a plan to address your most pressing skin concerns.
- ongoing support from your team of estheticians
- you're kept up to date with the latest in non-invasive skin care research.
- Education: you will have a much better understanding of what is specifically happening with your skin and what to actually do about it.
Your treatment program is:
- Personalized – every skin is different; some people are super sensitive, some have fine lines, others have dark spots. Some struggle with rosacea, side effects from medication, or a history of excessive sun exposure. Life events like weddings, menopause, and stress affect our skin too. Each requires a different approach, so every client gets a different home care plan. There is no one-size-fits-all here. When you have questions, you can actually get an answer.
- Professional - As a client at Viriditas you have access to a team of highly trained, licensed professional estheticians with over 45 years combined experience.
- Time – We are not a medical practice, so you aren’t limited to 15 minute quickie visits. After your Warm Welcome Consultation, follow up appointments are 50-90 minutes depending on your service. That’s a lot of time to answer your burning questions about getting radiant skin.
- Wholistic - Your skin is given the attention it needs, and you learn how your diet, stress, sleep, health, home care, supplements and even your environment can have a huge impact on your everyday glow. It’s not just about the products you use.
- Proven - We are incredibly fortunate that many clients have been with us since the beginning, even before we opened our doors in 2007. Hundreds of 5-star reviews from happy clients is proof.
A plan is formulated for achieving your skin care goals over the next 3-6 months including:
- recommended professional treatments
- targeted homecare
- access to our informative newsletters full of tips and tricks for vibrant skin
As your skin improves, we will adjust your program to address other concerns! Most clients need to reduce inflammation and strengthen the barrier of their skin first before aggressively targeting other challenges.
A basic facial is a wonderful, relaxing event where your skin is cleansed, polished, massaged and finished with a mask.
In a facial *treatment* you get the potent serums, clinical masks, upgraded enzymes and equipment to -really- create change in the skin.
Treatments generally include 2 stages: Preparation and Activation.
Preparation ensures a clean fresh surface and enhanced absorption. Depending on your skin it may include one or more of the following:
- cleansing, exfoliation, polishing.
- a peel or enzyme (included in the price, we don't upcharge for this!)
- light or deep extractions
- removal of impurities.
Activation is where the skin care magic comes in and your esthetician will choose one or more of the following:
- Rezenerate for fine lines, scars and firming (nano-microneedling)
- pro strength serums to address dark spots, crows’ feet, blemishes etc.
- stem cell infusion to boost cellular renewal and revitalize
- LED therapy to reduce inflammation and soften lines
- microcurrent for non-surgical lifting and firming
- Jet Plasma Pen Rejuvenation for brightening and tightening.
- powerful wrinkle relaxing concentrates
- gold, caviar, or platinum essences to rejuvenate tired skin.
- pure collagen masks for ultra hydration and plumping fine lines
- penetrating seaweed masks to nourish and soothe
- specialty eye treatments to brighten dark circles and smile lines
- topical facial "fillers" that visibly plump without needles or bruises
- or other skincare delights.
The focus is on getting a visible clinical result so you can have more Good Skin Days.
For best results receiving professional treatments every 3-5 weeks is optimal.
Some intense treatments may be recommended in shorter series.
Skin is constantly changing, and aging. Prevention is key.
Many treatments will give immediate visible results including a brighter, more even complexion, glowing hydration and radiance.
However, it will take several months of consistent care to produce long lasting results for concerns like deep lines, pigmentation, scarring, acne or loss of firmness.
While some of the products are completely organic, most are a thoughtful blend of science and botanicals. Skincare is chosen based on efficacy, safety, and ethics.
We won’t use any skin care that tests on animals, and we avoid ingredients like parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, triclosan, formaldehyde, oxybenzone and hydroquinone.
Your Warm Welcome Consultation with First Treatment is $175.
For a limited time, you also receive $50 off your first home care purchase.
Follow up treatments will depend on your skin care goals and may range anywhere from $127- $375 per treatment.
Home care may consist of a single serum ($35 and up) or a whole new home care routine ($150 and up).
No. Those must be administered by a physician or RN. We are not a medical practice.
We DO offer topical treatments with homecare that provide visible improvements without needles or bruising.
Heated moist towel compressions are used in lieu of steamers, as they are significantly more sanitary and cause less irritation to delicate skin.
Although light superficial peels (including enzymes) are offered, we choose not to offer deep peels. Deep peels frequently result in painful unwanted side effects, and often accelerate the aging process. They are not conducive to truly healthy skin.
Please allow 7-10 days after receiving fillers like Juvederm, 3-5 days for Botox- type injectables, and a minimum of 1 week for other treatments.
For surgical or other concerns, please consult your physician.
Remember, our goal is to support your skin. You may benefit from LED, lymphatic drainage or intense hydration after some medical procedures.
FAQ ONCOLOGY SKIN CARE:
We can definitely provide a treatment. Depending on your diagnosis, it may include a facial, but it may not be appropriate. We may instead opt to give you a hand and foot treatment, or even a scalp treatment, or some combination to help you and your skin relax.
We most certainly can get you feeling more hydrated! Most of the time, OTC moisturizers are missing some essential components of a healthy skin barrier. Oncology treatments can target those components differently. We will layer those precious elements on your parched skin, and show you how to do it at home too.
We recommend coming in around 10-14 days after your last infusion, to avoid nadir. Call us to schedule an ideal time.
Yes, we are very careful to stay 2-4 inches away from your port and make you as comfortable as possible so you can enjoy your service.
We will perform a soothing and hydrating "hugs" treatment instead. We will not perform massage of any kind over limbs affected by lymph node removal or even biopsy. Massage could put you at serious risk of painful lymphedema, and we won't take that chance on your health.
Yes, we will modify your service to avoid heat and friction on your feet and hands.
Yes! We can provide hydrating, soothing and calming treatments while you are in active therapy. Once your treatments are complete, we can start actively working on age-defense.
Yes! We will take care to avoid tugging or pulling on potentially compromised skin so you can relax and enjoy your treatment.
Yes of course you can! We will adjust every aspect of the service to suit your needs. You don't even have to change into a wrap if that makes you more comfortable.
Just like with all of our services, if you want to talk, that's fine. If you would rather zone out, we're good with that too. This is your time.